- Dimples Romana plays as Daniela Mondragon in the afternoon drama series Kadenang Ginto
- An image of her walking in a red dress while pulling a matching luggage from their latest trailer sparked a meme of her picture being edited into different locations
- Dimples will now be working with the Department of Tourism to promote the lesser-known locations of the country
Manila, Philippines – Dimples Romana has been the buzz online lately because of her character Daniela Mondragon in the hit afternoon drama series Kadenang Ginto. It’s not just because the story is getting heated up with the rivalry between her and Romina (played by Beauty Gonzalez), but because of an internet meme that has spread like wildfire in social media.
The meme originated from a scene in their latest teaser for the coming season, where Daniela was shown walking the street wearing a red dress and pulling a matching luggage. Netizens edited her into different locations, which started the “Daniela Mondragon Walks Everywhere” meme.
Dimples has been a good sport regarding all the memes that had been associated with her and she thanked the people that took notice through an Instagram post.
Now, she is taking the step further and she will be traveling to different locations, but as Dimples this time. In a post from the Department of Tourism Facebook page, they showed her talking with Tourism Chief Bernadette Romulo-Puyat and that she wants to be “part of the fun.”
Dimples will be working as a volunteer advocate for tourism and she aims to help promote lesser-known places in the Philippines, as well as museums and heritage sites. Dimples herself is an art enthusiast and a self-confessed museum lover, according to the Facebook post.
Dimples is taking something that was made for fun and is turning it into something positive that will benefit everyone. We wish her luck and that she can indeed show that it’s more fun in the Philippines.
- “Daniela Mondragon Walks Everywhere” Meme Became Trending in Social Media
- Richard Yap Joins the “Kadenang Ginto” Cast, Heats Up the Romina-Daniela Rivalry Further