in

First Death Due to 2019-nCov Recorded in Hong Kong

First Death Due to 2019-nCov Recorded in Hong Kong

Hong Kong reports first death due to coronavirus

Hong Kong — The first death because of the fatal 2019-nCov has been recorded in Hong Kong, Feb. 4.

Hong Kong reports first death due to coronavirus
Hong Kong reports first death due to coronavirus

This is according to the report of the Philippine News Agency. The deceased patient is 39 years old and traveled to Wuhan in which the novel coronavirus originated. The patient then returned home after two days, according to the report of the Hong Kong Free Press. On top of that, he is a long-time diabetic, says the report.

At the moment, the identity of the said patient is yet to be known. What reports are saying so far is that since Jan. 29, the patient experienced muscle pain then followed by a fever.

Some other information include the following: he was hospitalized first at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital which is located in Yau Ma Tei. He was then moved to Princess Margaret Hospital situated in Kwai Chung. He then died in the said hospital.

At present, there are already 15 cases that were reported in Hong Kong due to the 2019-nCov. In Macau, which is located near Hong Kong, there are already eight confirmed cases. It is worth mentioning that the two territories are special administrative regions under China, in which 20,000 cases have already been confirmed that was brought about by the virus.

First Death Due to 2019-nCov Recorded in Hong Kong
First Death Due to 2019-nCov Recorded in Hong Kong

In the Philippines, in the meantime, a 44-year-old Chinese man who traveled from Wuhan died because of the disease, based on reports from authorities.

Meanwhile, other countries in different parts of the globe also confirmed quite a few cases. These countries include Singapore, South Korea, Japan, United States, Thailand, Vietnam, Russia, France, Spain, Cambodia, Malaysia, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Canada, and India.

Meanwhile, Belgium has also confirmed one case, who is a Belgian that was among those who evacuated from Wuhan.

Furthermore, quite a few airlines across the globe already suspended flights to Wuhan – the so-called epicenter of the said disease that is brought about by the 2019-nCov.

Want more stories like this? Follow us on Facebook, and Twitter.

Also read: Wuhan Virus From China Detected in Cebu City

Comments

Leave a Reply

Loading…

0

Written by Markus Castro

A cat person by day and a writer by night. He loves to travel to his favorite destinations in Southeast Asia.

Hong Kong reports first death due to coronavirus

First Case of Novel Coronavirus in the Philippines Confirmed

Still No Known Cure for Novel Coronavirus

DOH Says There’s Still No Known Cure for Novel Coronavirus