FREE training for Housekeeping NC II and get a chance to WORK ABROAD!
Table of Contents
Manila, Philippines – The demand for tourism workers, especially for maids and housekeepers, is directly proportional to the growth of the tourism industry in the area in question.
While the tourism industry may have experienced a plunge because of the Covid-19 pandemic, it is expected to bounce back as more economies open with the triumph of countries against the coronavirus.
With this expected bounce-back of the tourism industry, the demand for maids and housekeepers for resorts, hotels, and motels is expected to increase.
This is one of the main reasons why Housekeeping NC II Certificate Course is an in-demand TESDA course. Even prior to the Covid-19 pandemic, in 2019, when the Philippine tourism industry was growing at a steady rate, Housekeeping NC II ranked as the 5th most in-demand TESDA course, with more than 43,000 enrollees.
This article is a breakdown of the course details of Housekeeping NC II, as well as the enrollment process for the said course.
What is TESDA Housekeeping NC II?
Housekeeping NC II is a technical-vocational course to prepare enrolees for housekeeping jobs in tourism establishments and properties like hotels, motels, Airbnb’s, and resorts.
The course equips students with skills in housekeeping services, guest rooms’ preparations, laundering, and cleaning.
Housekeeping NC II TESDA Course Details
The Housekeeping NC II TESDA Course will prepare you to become a maid, housekeeper, or bell boys for accommodation establishments such as hotels (both local and foreign), cruises, resorts, motels, and so on.
The following skills that you are expected to learn from this course are: making the bed for the guests, carrying out basic repairs on the guests’ rooms or guest‘s personal belongings upon their requests, sorting clothes and fabric according to the cleaning process, selecting the laundry process depending on stains and spoilage, as well as providing valet services to guests.
Like most TESDA courses, Housekeeping NC II is administered through modules. These modules can all be learned at your own pace, and own time.
However, skill assessments are periodically done by the instructors for continuous improvement of your needed skills.
The lessons in the modules are discussed in face-to-face sessions through lectures and demonstrations.
Every after a module, you will be assessed through oral or written examinations or observations during hands-on demonstrations.
This is one of the lengthier courses that is offered by TESDA, because of the many skill competencies that are needed to be met.
This course runs for a minimum of 436 hours. This number is bound to increase depending on your school or institution.
How to enroll for Housekeeping NC II TESDA Course
Before starting the enrollment process, be sure that you first meet the following requirements:
- Can communicate in basic English through written and oral means
- Is physically and mentally fit to
- Can produce a good moral character certificate
- Can perform basic mathematical computations
Here are the following steps you need to take in order to enroll for Housekeeping NC II TESDA Course:
- Go to www.tesda.gov.ph.
- On the right side of the webpage, click on “Registered Programs” within the roster of quick links web pages.
- Search for “Housekeeping NC II” course.
- Look for a school near you that offers the course Housekeeping NC II. This can be done by simply typing in your name and your location. Do not input anything for the “school” box.
- The search results will present to you all the possible schools and institutions near you that are offering the Housekeeping NC II course.
- Call or go to the suggested schools and institutions regarding the school requirements.
- Narrow down your choice of school to one, according to how the school suits you, as you see fit.
- Follow the necessary instructions of your school for enrollment in the Housekeeping NC II course.