- The game “Cyberpunk 2077” is an anticipated game and it had a huge presentation during this year’s E3
- Near the end of the trailer that was played, a new character is introduced and is played by Keanu Reeves
- Keanu Reeves himself appears on stage and gives more information on the game.
One of the most anticipated events related to video games, the Electronic Entertainment Expo, or commonly known as E3, has gamers excited for announcements for games that they are all looking forward to.
On June 9, 2019, Microsoft held their press conference to introduce new games for their Xbox gaming console. This also included the much anticipated game, “Cyberpunk 2077,” which is published by CD Projekt Red, the same team that was behind “The Witcher” series of games.
During the press conference, they played a new trailer for the game, which gave more information for the lore of the game. What surprised everyone was the appearance of a new character at the end of the trailer, played by no other than Keanu Reeves.
Once the trailer ended, Keanu Reeves himself appeared on stage to tell more about the video game. The audience was welcoming and Keanu acknowledged everyone, including one guy that shouted, “You’re breathtaking!” at him, to which he pointed back and responded, “YOU’RE breathtaking! You’re all breathtaking!”
He said the environment and excitement of being inside the world of Cyberpunk 2077 is breathtaking and he introduced a video that showed more in-game footage, as well as the release date of the game.
Cyberpunk 2077 is based off of the tabletop role-playing game Cyberpunk 2020, which was released back in 1990. Keanu Reeves will play Johnny Silverhand, who will have an important role as the story progresses.
The game now has a release date of April 16, 2020. It will be released for the Xbox One, Playstation 4, and PC, and is currently available for pre-orders.
- It’s official: Robert Pattinson is the next Batman
- Keanu Reeves’ ‘John Wick 3’ Is New Box Office King; Dethroned ‘Avengers: Endgame’