- Mayor Isko Moreno signs a deal with Smart in order to provide free Wifi in key areas in Manila
- The intention for free Wifi would be for users to stay in touch with acquaintances or have a means of connecting to their workplace
- The Wifi will be accessible to anyone for 30 minutes every day
Manila, Philippines – Being online has evolved from being a luxury to being a necessity for most people. Calls and messages are now usually done online via messenger apps instead of the regular text and call method, as it is more convenient to stay online and send long messages instead of worrying if you’d run out of load or run out of characters to send a message with.
This poses another issue, as one might not have enough mobile data to do such a thing, or if there is no internet connection available. If you are living in Manila, though, that might chance soon.
In a report from ABS-CBN, Mayor Isko Moreno has signed a deal with Smart in order to provide free Wifi in key areas in the city of Manila. The contract signing was done on Wednesday, August 7, 2019 and it was done at the Manila City Hall.
The free Wifi is accessible to anyone for 30 minutes every day and is available in the following areas:
- Manila City Hall
- Ospital ng Maynila
- Tondo Medical Center
- Gat Andres Bonifacio Memorial Medical Center
- Universidad de Manila
- Museo Pambata
The locations chosen appear to be key locations and as Smart as stated, their goal is give a means for people to stay in touch with friends and family easily.
It could also be noted that last year, President Rodrigo Duterte signed the Free Internet Access Program Act that plans to provide free Wifi in public locations.
- Gordon not offended on Duterte’s tirades
- Kris Aquino thanks Duterte for acknowledging father’s killer