- Miss Universe is the most prestigious beauty pageant in the world
- Numerous countries send their representatives to compete for the crown, with The Philippines’ Catriona Gray winning it last year
- Venezuela this year will be represented by Lulyana Thalia Olvino Torres
The Miss Universe beauty pageant is one of the most anticipated events every year. It was first held in 1952 has been happening annually. Representatives from different countries would compete to be able to attain the coveted crown and the whole world would be watching, cheering their country on.
The Philippines has been participating in the event almost every year and has been able to win the crown more than once. The first winner was Gloria Diaz back in 1969, and in 2018, Catriona Gray was able to win the title, too. The Philippines was able to get the crown four times and was able to get into the top 10 a few times in the past years.
Not to be outdone, other countries are now preparing for the upcoming Miss Universe 2019. The location where the next pageant is still not decided, but Steve Harvey will be hosting the event once again for the fifth time.
Venezuela has been consistent with sending their own representatives and this year is no exception. In the recently concluded Miss Venezuela 2019 in August 1, 2019, Lulyana Thalia Olvino Torres, who represented Delta Amacuro, will be the one to go to the Miss Universe pageant.
Thalia Olvino, born on May 19, 1999, was born in Venezuela with a father that is of Italian and African descent. She is a model and is studying Management and Administrative Sciences at Universidad Technologica del Centro in Guacara.
Congratulations to her for winning the title of Miss Venezuela 2019, and we wish her luck in this year’s Miss Universe competition.
- Facts About Gazini Ganados: Miss Universe Philippines 2019
- Thai Beauty Queen Who Called Catriona Gray “Fat” Won Miss Grand Thailand 2019