- SM has announced that they will be implementing “all gender restrooms” starting November of this year
- They will be implementing these in their premier malls including SM Mall of Asia, SM North EDSA, SM Megamall, SM Aura Premier, and The Podium
- This move was made to create a place where all kinds of shoppers will be welcome
In the light of events that happened for the past couple of months, awareness of rights for the members of the LGBTQ+ community has been active. A new bill that supports them is in the works, as well as the news of the time when a transgender woman supposedly was not allowed to enter the women’s comfort room in a certain mall.
SM Supermalls has issued a statement back in September as their own means of addressing this kind of issue. In an official post, they had announced that they will be rolling out “all gender restrooms” soon.
According to the post, this move was made as a step towards a more gender-inclusive community and that some consider SM Supermalls as a “third home” after coming from work or school. Starting November of this year, SM will have all gender restrooms ready starting with their premier malls within Metro Manila such as SM Mall of Asia, SM North EDSA, SM Megamall, SM Aura Premier, The Podium, and they have also included SM Seaside City Cebu.
From SM Supermalls COO Steven Tan, “With inclusivity and innovation at the core of everything we do, we endeavor to create spaces where all shoppers are welcome.”
The all gender restrooms will be new facilities and will be implemented alongside the current men, women, and PWD restroom.
- Walls of Intramuros Painted In Celebration of Pride Month
- Victoria’s Secret Casts Their Very First Transgender Model
- BB Gandanghari appears on Netflix show ‘Glow’