- The Miss Universe 2019 beauty pageant was held on December 8, 2019, at the Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta, Georgia
- Out of 89 contestants, Zozibini Tunzi of South Africa won the coveted crown, with Madison Anderson of Puerto Rico getting 1st Runner Up and Sofia Aragon of Mexico getting 2nd Runner Up
- Gazini Ganados of the Philippines was able to reach the Top 20, but failed to get into the Top 10, ending the streak the country has of being part of it for the past few years
The Miss Universe beauty pageant is one of the most anticipated events every year by each participating country. It is one of the events where representatives of each country use their beauty and brains to be able to get the wanted crown and reign as Miss Universe.
This year’s Miss Universe was held on December 8, 2019, at the Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta, Georgia. 90 of the most beautiful women in the world competed in the event and it was in this year’s competition that the new crown, the Mouawad Crown, was used. Steve Harvey was once again the host this year, which marks his fifth time in a row.
Our very own Gazini Ganados represented the Philippines this year, and she was able to bag the special award for Best National Costume. Poland’s Olga Bulawa was able to get Miss Congeniality for this year.
Gazini was able to make it to the Top 20, but her journey ended there, as she was not able to make it to the Top 10. This also ends the country’s streak of being part of the Top 10, which was started by Venus Raj back in 2010.
In the end, it was South Africa’s Zozibini Tunzi who was able to get the title of Miss Universe 2019, with Madison Anderson of Puerto Rico getting 1st Runner Up and Mexico’s Sofia Aragon getting 2nd Runner Up.
In Zozibini’s closing statement, before she was crowned as the winner, she has said that she grew up in a world where women who look like her are not considered beautiful, and she sees that that kind of thinking stops today.
Zozibini was able to get the crown once again after the win by Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters back in 2017.
- Catriona Gray Now Has Her Voice Available in Waze
- Thai Beauty Queen Who Called Catriona Gray “Fat” Won Miss Grand Thailand 2019