- Xiaomi unveiled a new phone model that they have, the Mi Mix Alpha, and its entire body is the phone’s screen
- This new concept phone has its front, sides, and back showing a display, with the exception of the place where the camera is located
- It is said that it will be for sale in China only and can cost up to more than $2,000
It has been an undeclared competition between cellphone manufacturers on how they will produce their next model with the largest screen available. It all started when the iPhone X was released with the infamous notch, and other cellphone models followed suit. Other models now have just a dot for a front-facing camera, while other models have a pop-up front-facing camera. Xiaomi is now joining in with showcasing their latest concept model, but it’s not like any other phone that you’ll see.
In a blog post that came from Xiaomi, the Mi Mix Alpha is what they call their “concept” phone and this particular model is shown to have a display at the front, the back and the sides. The screen-to-phone ratio is 180.6%, the largest among all the currently available cellphone models.
It is shown to be the worlds first surround display, with “the front, side, and back of the phone are almost entirely display,” the blog post said. The top and bottom bezels have been reduced, and they have removed all the side buttons on the device. It can be controlled by available buttons that you can touch on the side instead.
The camera on it has the highest pixel count and largest sensor found in any currently available phone as well, with 108 megapixels.
The top and bottom parts of the phone is made with titanium alloy and it uses the Snapdragon 855+ processor. It also will support 5G technology.
The phone itself appears to be an ingenious concept, but it was said that it will only be sold in China and will be priced at RMB19,999, or roughly more than P145,000.
- Google Pixel 4 Leaks Show Available Colors and Specs
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max Finally Revealed