- Parts of the country has been having continuous rains for the past couple of days
- The cause of the rain is a low pressure area that was located near Catanduanes, and is predicted to become a tropical depression
- Monsoon rains is to be expected for the next 24 hours in Metro Manila, among other places
Manila, Philippines – The rainy season has come, and even though we are used to it, a sudden heavy downpour can still ruin the day for most people. The first weekend of August is no exception and the weather forecast is it will continue raining all throughout.
The heavy downpour started on Friday morning. The cause of the rain is a low pressure area that was located near Catanduanes. The low pressure area is predicted to become a tropical depression within 24 to 36 hours and will be called “Hanna,” according to weather specialist Gener Quintong.
Monsoon rains is also expected and will continue to fall for the next 24 hours. The places affected by this are:
- Metro Manila
- Occidental Mindoro
- northern part of Negros Occidental
The rest of the country will have cloudy skies with the occasional rain fall.
From a report by ABS-CBN, there is also a storm at the northernmost part of Luzon with the international name “Wipha,” which is drawing the monsoon rains into the country further. PAGASA also sees another storm with the international name Francis over the Pacific Ocean, but the forecast is that it will not enter the Philippine Area of Responsibility.
The continuous rains from Friday has made schools suspend their classes and a lot of the roads have become flooded.
We’ll give an update if there are further weather forecast developments.
- Walang Pasok: Regular Holiday (Eidul Adha 2019) Might Fall on August 11 or 12
- #WalangPasok: August 21 and 26 Declared as National Holidays